Friday, December 8, 2006

Learn More About Me/ An Exciting Opportunity For Me Yesterday

As an assignment for my DS 2810 (Introduction to Computers in Business) class at Tennessee Tech, I have created a website about myself, and it is available for all to view by those with Internet connections. You can view it by clicking this link. You might find it to be a better description of myself than the description of me on this blog.

Yesterday's Tech basketball games were exciting for me yesterday. Although we lost both games to Eastern Illinois, I got the chance to work with the stats crew during the mens game. Our sports information director, Rob Schabert, saw me watching the womens game and told me that the girl who was following the subs coming in out of the game was not going to be there during the mens game. He asked me if I would be able to rise up to the task. I accepted the responsibility, and although I was not able to follow the game like a fan would, I was more thrilled after being able to work in an exciting opportunity such as I did. I know Mr. Schabert because I asked him two weeks ago about the possibility of me helping with broadcasting on our Golden Eagles Sports Network on the radio. Although our broadcasting needs are pretty well filled, he told me that I may have an opportunity to do the PA announcing during at least some of the home games of our baseball season coming up in a few months. He told me that he would let me know in January. All of this could likely contribute to a possible career in broadcasting or journalism.

No comments: