Friday, April 13, 2007

HERE ARE THE RESULTS

The following are the results from the elections that have decided the Student Government officers for the 2007-08 academic year at Tennessee Tech. As can be seen, it was mostly a tight race all around. Without further delay, the results for the College of Arts & Sciences.














The seven top candidates were chosen by the voters. It was to be six, but Kykta and Dixon tied, so it appears that the decision was made to let them both serve instead of having a run-off. I fell just three votes short of a three-way tie for the final seat. I ran for the students, and they spoke. I respect their decision, and I look forward to seeing what the SGA proposes in the upcoming year. The four executive officers, voted in last Thursday, are very ambitious in their plans to encourage more involvement in the university. This group, headed by incoming SGA President Ashley Warrington, are a promising bunch, and I hope to see the university benefit from this.

I have received an offer to serve elsewhere in the SGA, and I am weighing those options. To serve elsewhere, I would have to stay in contact with the incoming SGA executive officials. I have a class with Ashley, and I have talked with incoming Secretary Nicole Bostic, so I am able to communicate pretty easily with them. I look forward to serving the university in any way I possibly can. This was a learning experience to prepare me for the next go. I have found ways to improve and I plan to use them in my next campaign. Now, onward to continue service to Tennessee Tech, along with the task of working to put a true conservative in the White House next year. That will be Tom Tancredo or Fred Thompson.

TO THE WORK!

No comments: