Saturday, August 11, 2007

Ames Prediction

I have just heard word that balloting is under way in Ames, Iowa for the closely watched GOP Straw Poll. I want to give my predictions on the order I believe the candidates will finish. I have no inside information, so these are only predictions. I believe the ones who will benefit most are Tancredo and Huckabee. Romney should have no problem winning, but he is expected to do so. Meanwhile a strong showing by Tancredo and Huckabee could cast them further into the national spotlight. I believe those two will perform fairly strong.

Here are my predictions:

1. Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney
2. Colorado Congressman Tom Tancredo
3. Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee
4. Kansas Senator Sam Brownback
5. Texas Congressman Ron Paul
6. California Congressman Duncan Hunter
7. Former Wisconsin Governor Tommy Thompson

No comments: