Saturday, January 13, 2007

Birds' Run Is Over

The New Orleans Saints are now the undisputed "feel good story" of the 2006 NFL season. Tonight's matchup pitted the two teams with that distinction, the Saints and my Philadelphia
Eagles. It was the game it was hyped up to be, and definitely worth watching. New Orleans drew first blood, the Birds came back, and the Saints took the final lead. I am certainly proud of the effort the Eagles put on under the conditions, especially the noise from the crowd. In Philadelphia, the comment for our sports teams is "there's always next season". That comment certainly is in order tonight. As any good achiever would say, this game is ancient history. You have to look forward to next season, and until then we have the Fightin' Phils in baseball. Also for me, I have the Tennessee Tech basketball season which will take us to March. Other than sports, I have plenty of tasks to keep me busy, so it is of now use to concentrate on "ancient history". Now with Baltimore finished as well, I will probably cheer on the Saints the rest of the way, although I will likely not follow the rest of the NFL playoffs nearly as much now. When your team is done, and you have responsibilities to tend to, the rest of the NFL becomes much less important.

No comments: