Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Fred Thompson Looking Like A Likely Candidate

Some who read my blog are maybe curious as to why I haven't talked about former Tennessee Senator Fred Thompson considering a run for the Presidency. I guess I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I believe Mr. Thompson will announce a run this summer. This article I read yesterday on WorldNetDaily enforces that so much more. It reports that his wife, who is a political consultant, is encouraging him to run. That makes a run much more likely. If you listen to him when he fills in for Paul Harvey on the radio, his commentary sounds like it points strongly towards a run. One gentleman I know from Tennessee Tech University says, "It's not a matter of if Fred runs, It's a matter of when he announces."

Down here, the Tennessee GOP seems thrilled about the possibility. WorldNetDaily reported that in this article. Three of the "Volunteer State's" four GOP congressmen are already working to draft him. Former GOP Senators Bill Frist and Howard Baker, both of Tennessee, are working to get him to run, as is state Lt. Governor Ron Ramsey, who is the first GOP to serve in that position in this state in history. Forty congressmen are believed to be excited about the prospect, as are countless voters across the country.

I am not planning on working for Thompson in the primaries in the event that he runs, because I have thrown my endorsement and support to Colorado Congressman Tom Tancredo. I am working to get Tancredo support as well. However, in the event that Thompson would win the nomination, I plan to work to get him elected. I cannot see myself doing that for Giuliani, McCain, Romney, or Huckabee. I may do that for Brownback, but I still have major questions there.

Keep your eyes on Fred over the next few months.


Draft Fred Thompson

Fred Thompson for President 2008

Grassroots website for Thompson

Fred Thompson 2008 (Tennessee) (NO SURPRISE!)

Fred Thompson 2008 (Florida)

Fred Thompson 2008 (Colorado)

Fred Thompson 2008 (Iowa)

Fred Thompson 2008 (South Carolina)

Fred '08 blog

Another Fred '08 blog

The Daily Fred ~ Latest news on Thompson

Ruffini news on Fred

Wikipedia entry on Fred

GOPUSA petition to encourage Fred to run

No comments: